Whether you are creating a membership for the first time, or adding new content to an existing one, these step-by-step instructions will help you add new posts to a Kartra membership!
To complete this tutorial, we will assume that you have already uploaded your video (whether it’s inside Kartra, Vimeo, Youtube, or other) and have all of your other assets created and ready to put inside. If you don’t have these items yet, you can still follow the instructions to create a new post, but you will have to leave and revisit the tutorial again once you are ready to finish adding the fresh content.
How to Add a New Post
If you are starting fresh, or want to add a completely new look, then you can simply add a new post from scratch. However, if you have an existing post that you want to copy the look from, then I recommend skipping these instructions and cloning the existing post instead.
- Go to the category that you want to add your new post into. If there are subcategories, continue until you are in the location that you want to add your new post.
- Click on the “New Post” item in the left sidebar, and hold down the cursor to drag it onto the screen.
- That’s it! You can name your new post, add an icon or a description if you want, and even change the category if you realized that it’s the wrong one.
How to Copy an Existing Post
Something many people complain about in the Kartra Membership builder is how much you have to do from scratch, each time. But this little trick will help you fly through the creation of your membership! Don’t drag and drop a new post in each time. Instead, clone the last post, change the copy/images/videos, and you’re done!
If you don’t know how to edit your existing membership, first you need to navigate to “My Memberships” in the big left sidebar. Find the membership you want to edit, click the three little dots, and select “edit.”
Then, click “save and next” at the bottom of the first page to go to the second tab. Once there, you will click the big “launch builder” button on the right side.
After that, the membership will load. It might look different than your used to, and that’s normal. The back-end looks the same for us all, but the front-end (what your customer sees), is whatever the layout template is that you previously selected.
Here’s how to copy your previous post:
- Go to the post that you want to clone. It could be the first one you did, or it could be the most recent. You’ll get to customize this after.
- Locate your navigation menu. This is not the left sidebar where the drag and drop components are. Instead, you are looking for the content. It will be on the left or right side. When you hover over the menu, it will be blue. Hover over the post you want to clone, and it will change to magenta. Select the “clone” icon.
- From here, you’ll be able to rename it, change or add an icon if desired, or edit the description. If you need to move the category, the dropdown menu will allow you to move the new post anywhere you want it to go!
That’s it! Editing the Kartra Membership is pretty easy once you know your way around. It can be really fast to create and edit beautiful, custom branded Kartra Memberships and Online Courses!
If you’ve run into some trouble creating yours, already know you don’t have the time, or better yet– want a partner to collaborate with through the course creation process? I would humbly raise my hand and suggest that you get in contact with me! With Two Paths Co., you can choose any level of help that you need, from basic set-up to full-blown consultation and course asset creation (such as workbooks and videos).
Let’s create gorgeous and bingeable online courses together!